This course is targeting those who are already practicing or certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belts. It is a 2 week course taking the knowledge a Green Belt already possess to the Black Belt level. If you do not have this prerequisite please see the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (SBB) course listing or contact ASQ sales for further assistance.
The Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that is focused on achieving significant financial results and increasing customer satisfaction. When properly deployed on carefully selected business projects, this methodology can lead to a significant reduction—and in many cases, elimination—of defects, process waste, and out-of-control processes, which translate into dramatic business gains.
This Black Belt course provides a comprehensive and disciplined model for improvement. Every participant will learn how to meet his or her company’s business objectives through the recognized DMAIC process. Attendees will learn how to direct Lean Six Sigma projects and obtain the maximum improvements from the learned techniques and skills. This course is conducted in four five-day sessions with four weeks between sessions.
Learned skills are practiced and applied through individual and team exercises, as well as to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
This course is an instructor-led, classroom-based environment, conducted five days (one week) per month spread across two months. The instruction is a blend of lecture, application, and individual and team-based exercises. Laptop computers will be used extensively during the class. There is normally three-to-four weeks between sessions where the individual returns to their work environment to apply the knowledge and skills learned in class to their projects. This entire course is 10 days in length.
ASQ’s Six Sigma Black Belt Training flash drive or downloads (contain both weeks of training in Adobe Reader format plus all electronic exercise worksheets and reference material). Printed course manuals for both weeks of training are also provided to students. A copy of The Black Belt Memory Jogger and the Lean Enterprise Memory Jogger for Service is also provided.
- Must be a practicing Six Sigma Green Belt or Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- A defined, management-approved business improvement project that provides a business impact to your business of $100,000 or greater. The knowledge and skills learned in this training course will be applied to this project.
- Basic statistics primer or understanding of basic statistics. Basic college-level algebra is helpful to understand statistical concepts.
- Current version of Minitab Statistical Software is required and must be provided by the participant (may be purchased at a discount from ASQ).
- Devote at least 40 percent of your time at your work environment to work on your project.
- PC laptop computers are required and must be provided by the participant with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating system: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or higher
- Memory – 512 MB (minimum); 1 GB or higher (recommended)
- Processor – Pentium 4 or equivalent
- Hard Disk Space – 7 GB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher (with all current service releases)
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher (with all current service releases)
- Adobe® Reader – Version 5.0 or higher required for course materials
- Administrator privileges to install ASQ course software at class (recommended)